CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Love Letter DSP Squash Book

Earlier this week I was watching videos on YouTube, one of my new obsessions, and I came across a tutorial called Squash Book with Dawn.  I had never heard of a Squash Book.  This project is fast, fun, and completely awesome!  Dawn Griffith's video tutorial is at the end of this post.  Here's my cover!  
I used Very Vanilla to construct the pages and Love Letter DSP for the background papers.  These DSP papers have a vintage quality to them, so I inked the edges to age the Very Vanilla card stock.  Journaled with my stampin' write basic black marker and added a miscellaneous black ribbon and Martha Stewart birthstone gem stickers to give the cover a simple old world look.

When you untie the ribbon and fold back the cover, the first page of your squash book is revealed.  

Open the squash book further and you will find an amazing amount of space for photos, journaling, and embellishment!  

What's more you have even more room on the flip side of this paper album!
The finished album is 4.25" square.  I decided to print my photos in black and white to go along with the aged look.  If you decide to cut your photos on the diagonal to fit the triangle shaped folds--lay your photos out first!  I ended up repositioning a few of my square photos so the photos all flowed the same direction.

As promised here is Dawn's video!  I hope you try this project out! :) Happy Crafting!


6 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of them called Squash books before, but I've made them regardless of the name. They are super fun to give and get all filled with pictures. I made one for my Dad's birthday card one year and tied up a gift card in the center. He's not overly sentimental but I'm happy to say that's one card he's kept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea and great photos. I could not view the link for the video. Could you post the link so we could go to it? Chris Dickover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went back and was able to watch video....disregard previous comment
    ChrisDickover

    ReplyDelete
  4. I featured you on Scraptastic Saturday!

    http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/2010/09/scraptastic-saturday-and-new-winner.html

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool! I'm not really a scrapper, but I'm definitey gonna try one of these. congrats on the shout out at Scraptastic Staurday! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing!!! I made my first squash book and ended up not attaching the points in the right directions... this helped tons! I totally am with you on the youtube obsession or addiction!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...